IGNORED

Sena Headsets....

Stir

I have a pair of 10S headsets.  They work well with each other.  The kids bought Sidici helmets with Sena headsets built in.  The issue is, group intercom isn't working.  The headsets are incompatible.  I'm disappointed with this.  It appears that Sena is making OEM gear for other vendors, but it also appears that they aren't necessarily compatible with each other.  I really miss the FRS radios we all used to use.

I won't buy another Sena product.  I will be switching to Cardo.

M

6 hours ago, Stir said:

I will be switching to Cardo.

Switched to Cardo several years ago ... worked perfectly out of the box ... something Sena never did.  

6 hours ago, Stir said:

I really miss the FRS radios we all used to use.

a properly set up hard wired rig "back in the day" with a garmin for music and directions and FRS for inter-rider communication was rock solid ... never had to deal with battery life or bluetooth or incompatible vender versions, ...simply plug and go !!

Having said that, my Cardo unit does everything without wires with a VOX that actually works, seamless phone/ garmin integration and has been pretty much foolproof :5188: The only downside has been battery life on really long rides.

• Like 1

Chrisolson said: "The only downside has been battery life on really long rides."

One of the very strong points in Cardo's favor is the ability to charge the units while using them.  Plug into a USB on the bike or to a booster battery in a pocket while riding.  Sena can't do that

My Sena SRL was only good for comms with one other rider.  Cardo can handle the whole group with their "mesh" tech.  Way better.  Hardware and firmware.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Plug into a USB on the bike or to a booster battery in a pocket while riding.  Sena can't do that

Yeah, did forget that on Cardo ... mostly because no usb on bike and on that rare occasion of an all day ride, I always managed to forget to have a spare booster and cord handy :4317:

1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

Chrisolson said: "The only downside has been battery life on really long rides."

One of the very strong points in Cardo's favor is the ability to charge the units while using them.  Plug into a USB on the bike or to a booster battery in a pocket while riding.  Sena can't do that

My Sena SRL was only good for comms with one other rider.  Cardo can handle the whole group with their "mesh" tech.  Way better.  Hardware and firmware.

I don't want to create a problem, but both of my Sena unit's, the 20S and the 50S can be charged while I use them. Either with bike power or battery booster pack. Also my SM-10 from Sena can be charged while I am using it.

21 minutes ago, Bernie said:

I don't want to create a problem, but both of my Sena unit's, the 20S and the 50S can be charged while I use them. Either with bike power or battery booster pack. Also my SM-10 from Sena can be charged while I am using it.

Not a problem  ...seems to be a model / year issue. 

I know my Sena 10R from a few years ago automatically turned off when charging regardless of charging source ... and looking at the current manual ... doesn't seem to have changed. 

So everybody is correct  :16:

• Like 1

I didn't know that about the 10R. I just didn't want anyone to think that the newer Sena units couldn't be charged while using them.

One day I will try a Cardo unit. :5146:

• Like 1

I purchased the SRL about 2.5 years ago and at that time the Sena/Cardo expert at Cycle Gear where I bought it told me none of the Sena units could be charged while using.  I was kinda irked but had already purchased a Neotec II.  A thoro check online and updating the unit proved the expert correct.  Then the Sena unit died (not the battery) 2 months out of warranty.  Hello Cardo!!

• Like 1