IGNORED

Yes, recently expended brass is hot........

Rougarou

I’d like to use Whip’s famous phrase here “could happen to anyone”.  But no, that guy is just a numbnuts! Now, complete with the optional hole in his face…:classic_ohmy: :classic_biggrin: Sorry, that might have been a little mean. :/

szurszewski

I don’t get along well with some

glocks for some reason - presumably my grip or something else I’m doing wrong - and they tend to eject brass right into my forehead sometimes. It’s a bit startling, but it’s yet to result in an accidental discharge. Yet...

1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

I don’t get along well with some

glocks for some reason - presumably my grip or something else I’m doing wrong - and they tend to eject brass right into my forehead sometimes. It’s a bit startling, but it’s yet to result in an accidental (negligent) discharge. Yet...

Fixed it for you.

I think "accidental" can only really be applied to the Remington M700.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
szurszewski
39 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Not a hard rule.  Keep the muzzle down range at all times.  

For some folks even simple seems to be too much. I didn’t shoot a lot as a kid, but often enough to know what I was doing. Went on a trip with a friend’s family one long weekend, and we were out in the country side doing a little plinking. My friend and I, the youngest of maybe eight people total, were relegated to the bolt action type weapons. I think I was 11 or12 and had put plenty of rounds through a few .22 semi autos and even some 9mm and .45 1911s, but whatever. My friend’s mom was shooting some little Walther pistol, fired off one round and then spun around, gun at hip level, pointed at all of us now, finger still on the trigger and said, wow - that’s got a kick to it!

In retrospect it’s kind of scary, but at the time I thought it was hilarious - those zany adults who think they know better! ;)

I shoot about 500 rounds a month on average.  I use to shoot 1000 rounds a month but with availability of ammo and expense I've cut back a lot.  I've had plenty of brass burn my brass.  About 3-4 years ago I started wearing long sleeve shirt buttoned up and of course always safety glasses.  I suspect if he had been using a Kimber which has a grip safety he probably wouldn't have shot himself.  Glocks are great guns, almost never jam, but they are always hot...Thats why LEO's carry them.  Hope he is ok.

1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

Glocks are great guns, almost never jam, but they are always hot...Thats why LEO's carry them. 

When I was assigned a Glock, I couldn't wait to get rid of it and go back to my personal USP.  

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, dba said:

assigned a Glock

My agency never climbed on that wagon....... Beretta 92 then 96. I carried my personal 92 when they issued the 96, never liked that round. 

I believe they are now going to a Sig Sauer of some sort. Guess I'll find out when I go qualify this year.

2 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

I never cared for the beretta in the service.

I cared for it so much I got a M9 Compact ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

Italian made Berettas feel like different guns than the ones made here..... except for the Wilson combat, those feel like my Italian Berettas.:18:

• Like 1
14 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

My agency never climbed on that wagon....... Beretta 92 then 96. I carried my personal 92 when they issued the 96, never liked that round. 

I believe they are now going to a Sig Sauer of some sort. Guess I'll find out when I go qualify this year.

The Glocks issued were .40.  An awful caliber.  I carried a stainless 92, made in Italy until I went to the Glock.  Reason being, why have my personal gun out and about in shitty, snowy weather.  The fact I sold it to help with the funding of a Martin 12-string guitar is something I still regret.  I love the guitar, but I loved that gun too.  Lesson learned is divorce is expensive.

8 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

I loved mine.  Big, accurate and easy to shoot.  I got an HK to replace it after I sold it and carried it until I retired.

10 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

Italian made Berettas feel like different guns than the ones made here

This.  Don't know what it is, but it just feels like a Ferrari vs my buddy's US made one.  As for the hot brass, its not bad enough for this kind of reaction by him.  Happened to me many times since our Qualification shoots are downrange, without the dividers between you and the shooter to your left raining his/her hot brass onto you.  Even worse if it slips down behind your vest where you cant' easily dig it out and its pressed firmly against your skin.  I'm thinking the guy in this video is the wrong guy to go shooting with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, BrianT said:

I'm thinking the guy in this video is the wrong guy to go shooting with.

Amen to that! 

10 hours ago, BrianT said:

This.  Don't know what it is, but it just feels like a Ferrari vs my buddy's US made one.  As for the hot brass, its not bad enough for this kind of reaction by him.  Happened to me many times since our Qualification shoots are downrange, without the dividers between you and the shooter to your left raining his/her hot brass onto you.  Even worse if it slips down behind your vest where you cant' easily dig it out and its pressed firmly against your skin.  I'm thinking the guy in this video is the wrong guy to go shooting with.

Yep, none of our active duty ranges have dividers, so, I've received several burn marks on my back/neck from not being "allowed" to react/or not being able to react due to the gear being worn.

'tis just a little pain,....much less than the pain he felt when that round went through his cheek, ......I'm sure.

• Smile 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 6/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, BrianT said:

I'm thinking the guy in this video is the wrong guy to go shooting with.

Can we send him out with this guy?

• Like 1

Dayamm!   That reminds me of the 3 Stooges or a Looney Tunes cartoon.   At first, I thought he was doing that as a joke, but.....:ohboy:

Oh, let me look down the end with the hole in it to see if the damn thing is somehow clogged :rolleyes:

At that close, I'da just walked over kicked the damn bottles, he's gaining nothing by shooting a shotgun at bottles at that close of a range.

11 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Can we send him out with this guy?

Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner come to mind...what a dufus.  

• Like 1
roadscholar

That guy definitely watched too much Elmer Fudd. Wile E. Coyote took some huge risks but he at least had a plan.