IGNORED

WTB - '97 R1100RT engine guards

Warren Dean

Warren Dean

Looking for the plastic engine guards that come stock on the '97 RT. Mine didn't have any when I bought it.

Edited by Warren Dean
forgot "WTB"
9 hours ago, Warren Dean said:

Looking for the plastic engine guards that come stock on the '97 RT. Mine didn't have any when I bought it.

There are knockoff versions available online, I believe they are made in China. They are very reasonably priced, and they will fit. The plastic that they are made from seems to be harder than the OEM version. Haven’t road tested the knockoff, but the OEM version is softer and scratches, which I think is better, rather than just cracking or shattering. 

Warren Dean
53 minutes ago, Michaelr11 said:

There are knockoff versions available online, I believe they are made in China. They are very reasonably priced, and they will fit. The plastic that they are made from seems to be harder than the OEM version. Haven’t road tested the knockoff, but the OEM version is softer and scratches, which I think is better, rather than just cracking or shattering. 

I appreciate the tip but I tried that route....twice. Both time the guards didn't fit because someone made a mistake in stating the fitment. So I am out about $75 relying on some idiot in China deciding what will fit my bike.

I will just go with a used set that I know will fit.

Cheers!

• Like 1