IGNORED

Touratech Aventuro Traveller Carbon Helmet Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Touratech Aventuro Traveller Carbon Helmet intro

Touratech has a long history of taking great helmets and adding their own features to make them stand apart. Their newest offering, the Aventuro Traveller Carbon, is no different. It’s built upon the Nexx X.Vilijord, a helmet not sold in North America but one that sits at the pinnacle of the Portuguese brand’s line-up. The Aventuro Traveller becomes its own with a full carbon shell, signature Touratech look, and easy accommodation for just about any communication system available.

Touratech Aventuro Traveller Review FB

First impressions cement the Aventuro Traveller as a premium product: paint lines are crisp, carbon is laid neatly, and there isn’t a loose thread to be found in the supple lining. Inside the box are a Pinlock insert, a peak extension, and an action camera mount. I found the fit to be an average intermediate oval; my head skews slightly toward long oval and I felt just a little less snug on the sides but did not have any hot spots at the front or back. Securing the helmet is a quick-ratchet strap with enough room for adjustment but not too much bulk.

Installing a communication system is eased by pockets for speakers, routing channels for wiring, and a pass-through in the neck roll for cables or a clamp to accommodate many types of Bluetooth systems. The cheek pads and neck roll are, however, one-piece and held in with plastic clips and tabs; neither is easy to re-install securely. Additionally, I did have the cheek pads come loose when removing the helmet on a hot day, a bit of a surprise on a helmet at this price point.

My first ride in the Aventuro Traveller resolved that gripe by impressing favorably in every other way. To start with, detents on both the chin bar and visor are firm and secure; if you’ve ever had a modular helmet close on you unexpectedly, you can be assured this chin bar stays where you put it. Once the chin bar and visor are closed and you’re rolling, a double seal around the visor and the one-piece neck roll work together to keep wind noise below what I’ve come to expect from ADV and/or modular helmets. It’s not quiet enough to ride without earplugs, but it does certainly help reduce fatigue and allows me to keep the volume a little lower on the helmet speakers.

Ventilation is handled by just two vents, one on the chin and one on the top of the head. Both vents flow air very well, providing excellent ventilation. A flap in the lining allows for a little extra warmth in the winter, as well. While we’re on the topic of air flow, Touratech refers to the peak as “no-grab,” and I can attest the peak has been designed well; it stays stable at speed and during head checks, even with the extension installed.

Excellent wind stability, low noise, light weight and a comfy lining make the Aventuro Traveller a great place to keep your head on long days in the saddle. While premium helmets carry premium price tags, this helmet holds up to the standard Touratech has set over the years and delivers a top-notch product.

Touratech Aventuro Traveller Review left

Touratech-USA.com

MSRP: $749

PROS:

• Lightweight
  • Stable at highway speeds
  • Well ventilated
  • Chock full o’ features

CONS:

• Fiddly lining/cheek pad clips
O3xB2l-cISU

View the full article