IGNORED

can you beat this?

Had a flat ~a week ago and managed to limp home (~20 mi). Thank you "stop and go" flat kit and cycle pump (saved the day a few  times now). After removing the wheel, I noticed there was something in the tire. Figured it was a piece of sharp rock that caused the puncture  and found its way inside. The guy from the shop said "wait 'till you see this".  A 1/4in x 5in cold chisel! 

596EA63E-79E4-4667-9682-C5B4FFC1EC25.heic

1 hour ago, WRP said:

Had a flat ~a week ago and managed to limp home (~20 mi). Thank you "stop and go" flat kit and cycle pump (saved the day a few  times now). After removing the wheel, I noticed there was something in the tire. Figured it was a piece of sharp rock that caused the puncture  and found its way inside. The guy from the shop said "wait 'till you see this".  A 1/4in x 5in cold chisel! 

596EA63E-79E4-4667-9682-C5B4FFC1EC25.heic 1.83 MB · 10 downloads

I think you win the prize!

roadscholar

Doubt it but I got what looked like an old rusty twisted railroad spike in an 800GS back tire on a gravel mountain road once, guess it was 4-5" long and half inch diameter. No RR tracks anywhere nearby, probably fell out of a pickup hauling old RR ties. Limped 25-30 miles on the grass shoulder at 10mph to a buddy's in Franklin, NC that had a tube and tire changer at his house/shop.

• 2 weeks later...

At least the chisel seems to be in good shape. Maybe just a small touchup on the cutting edge if you want to use it on metal the next time.

• Like 1