IGNORED

Alpinestars Tech 7 Enduro Drystar Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Alpinestars Tech 7 Enduro Drystar Review intro

Motocross boots have evolved considerably over the last 20 years, but that hasn’t been the case in the ADV segment, and we often have to sacrifice proper protection for dry feet. Meet the new Alpinestars Tech 7 Drystar enduro boot. We’ve been waiting for a boot like this for quite some time and, to this day, it still boggles my mind that it took so long.

The general design and materials used are much like the famed Alpinestars Tech 7 motocross boot, which has been a top seller for the last decade. The boot is CE-certified and uses the Tech 7 biomechanical pivot that promotes core stability and flex at the same time. And the Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) lowers are reinforced with a metal shank and additional toe reinforcement for the rigors of serious off-road adventures. The interior uses a soft polyfoam that surrounds the ankle and collar with comfort and shock absorption. But, the real magic of this boot is the Drystar membrane that keeps feet dry in the wettest conditions, like deep creek crossings, that we all encounter at some point in our journeys.

Alpinestars Tech7 Drystar Review FB

Other features include replaceable sole and footpeg patch, easy-close polymer flexible buckle system, removable anatomic footbed, and the high-quality construction we’ve come to expect from the Alpinestars brand.

My initial ride was a quick one on a back road just to break in the boots a little before venturing off on a multiple-day trip. I quickly discovered that these boots don’t need much breaking in and, for the most part, are ready to adventure right out of the box. On my next outing I decided to try them while competing in a local two-hour hare scramble where it rained for three hours before start time. I came out of the race with completely dry feet after playing in the wet for hours.

All in all, this boot is exactly what we have been waiting for, and it performed well in all conditions I put them through. I never had wet feet once! The other positive about the Tech 7 Enduro Drystar is the fact that you now only need one pair of boots for all your ADV, enduro, dual-sport, and heck, even motocross uses.

Alpinestars Tech7 Drystar Review vertical

Alpinestars.com

MSRP: $419.95

PROS:

• One boot for all your moto needs
  • Super plush interior
  • Grippy sole

CONS:

• Wide size not available
  • Only one color available

Where to Buy: Revzilla btn

-6UNmtviDZ4