IGNORED

adjust clutch and brake lever for height

Redman

Not seeing how to loosen whatever so can rotate the controls to have brake lever and clutch lever at a better heigth.

9 hours ago, Redman said:

B0004358.png?v=09082020

Nor here.

Morning Redman

Have you tried loosening the pinch bolt then try rotating it?  I'm not sure how much movement is possible but worth a try.  

CzQtgJ6.jpg

2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Redman

Have you tried loosening the pinch bolt then try rotating it?  I'm not sure how much movement is possible but worth a try.  

CzQtgJ6.jpg

Oh, I didnt see any bolt in that area.

Will look again.

You will have to remove the bottom cover (part 14) that's held on by the screws (15 and 16).  Remove the switch pod, it should just lift off, but there might be another screw, can't remember.  That will expose the pinch bolt.

1 hour ago, bmwnomad said:

You will have to remove the bottom cover (part 14) that's held on by the screws (15 and 16).  Remove the switch pod, it should just lift off, but there might be another screw, can't remember.  That will expose the pinch bolt.

I was starting to suspect that.

And I gather that applies to the brake and the clutch.

7 hours ago, dirtrider said:

. . . . . .  . .

Am wondering if our new discovery of this bike having the "lowering" option (x0499 = low suspension & extra low seat) might have some effect on this clutch-brake lever situation.

1 hour ago, Redman said:

Am wondering if our new discovery of this bike having the "lowering" option (x0499 = low suspension & extra low seat) might have some effect on this clutch-brake lever situation.

Afternoon Redman

It very well could (well the extra low seat part anyhow), I still have an 09 hexhead with standard height seat & have no complaints on the control lever placement. You might try a folded blanket or (something) placed on the seat to raise your butt up a little to see if that helps your lever position feel. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 6:21 AM, dirtrider said:

Morning Redman

CzQtgJ6.jpg

On the clutch side: I did find two screws underneath so can remove a cover from underneath, and a screw from the face of the swiitch assembly that loosened up the swtich assembly, could wiggle the switch assembly just enough to somewhat see what might have been that pinch bolt.

But could not see how to get the switch assembly away from the bar. Must be some tab somewhere to push to get it to release or something. But I was concerned about breaking something a couple days before a big trip, got nervous, and just put back together.

So, now I need to figure out how to get the switch assembly to release.

On 6/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, bmwnomad said:

////QUOTE

Remove the switch pod..... 

////EndQUOTE

I got to that point, and could not see how to release it.

8 hours ago, Redman said:

I got to that point, and could not see how to release it.

Morning Redman

OlC7cAN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...