IGNORED

Vermont Puppy Dog Route

The name is strange but the riding is fun! :classic_biggrin: The date hasn’t been set in stone just yet but expect the end of June or first week in July. 

This route takes you the entire length of Vermont on mostly unpaved roads. Figured I’d toss out the thought if anyone was planning on exploring the NE around that time.

I’ll nail down an actual date very soon. :read:

image.thumb.jpeg.c9d83c94f27f02a40d07fb6cc0b5dad1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just putting it out there. The planned dates for the Puppy Dog ride is going to be July 8th, 9th and 10th. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I understand the draw isn’t going to be huge, 30 or 40 riders max....ok, I have one so far! :rofl: 

Meeting spot will be here at 9:00 am on Thursday, July 8th.

Rt 91, 223, Mohawk Trail, Greenfield, MA 01301

C767348A-1C13-4FD4-B5C9-B952C8E1F7B0.jpeg

The first night’s stay is going to be camping here at Silver Lake State Park

The second night will be here at the Newport City Inn

It looks like a really relaxing ride through the state of Vermont, if anybody is interested I’ll try to post up the GPS track.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang Pat... if the brother had a DS in his stable I'd try to join in. Looks to be a good route. :thumbsup:

It'd be great to have you along Larry! :thumbsup: It's looking like rain on Thursday as of now, (long way out I know) but if that's the case, I may inform the attendees (all 1 of them :rofl:) that Friday might be the better start day.

Tewks , If you ever decide to put a ride together up yonder that would be a little more RT friendly , you probably wouldn't have to twist my arm to hard.

• Like 1

Due diligence here. We’re trying to outsmart the weather so we are going to bump this to Friday the 9th as the start start date. Everything else is the same and yeah, the weather is still gonna bite us in the arse! :rofl:

Here’s a beautifully done video of Vermont. It’s a bit long for casual viewing but, if you have travel plans here sometime in the future it’s well worth a look. 

• Like 1

For all you closet adventure riders :classic_biggrin: that plan on just showing up, we moved the meeting spot to Brad’s Place in Greenfield Ma. at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, in the rain it looks like. :(  See…Adventure! ;) PS..I’m not really expecting anyone but just wanted to announce the plan that is evolving as we go.

roadscholar

If it were me I’d put it on hold unless you have reservations you can’t undo. Elsa came through here and left a trail of destruction  some places and a lot of water everywhere else, you’ll probably be in it for a couple days anyway. Dos centavos.

• Like 1

+1 Dos centavos    Agree with Bill     But then, I see Bill's avatar of a bike riding in very wet conditions and water spraying from the tires........hmmmmmm, a conundrum brews!   

• Like 2

Gonna drag out the decision to depart till 11 am:( 

Hopefully the heaviest of rain will have slipped by us, if not, I’ll have to see if I can cancel some reservations. A Bummer but…laying in a deep mud puddle in a fairly remote part of Vermont might suck too. :classic_biggrin: Thanks for your advice guys! :thumbsup:

roadscholar

If you can’t cancel Pat maybe they’ll let you reschedule to a later date. Pavement is one thing, dirt in a steady rain is another altogether, you can do it but it’s usually more work than fun.

• Like 1

Raindrops are kinda like Teardrops. :cry: The turkeys and the grass don’t mind it though. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.f51667c682a1c06fd7bba5e1a19f83b8.jpeg

Some guys would play a sad country song and cry in their beer. :dontknow:

1C32F9BD-EAE4-40B3-9ED5-BFE420B0A3CD.jpeg

Not Me! :yes:

DFE881A5-B363-409B-9D96-F78546CA7558.jpeg

edit…

Bill not knowing the route personally I had visions of a swamped Triple Black GS similar to the GSA in your post. :classic_ohmy: The aftermath pictures must of been hilarious! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
roadscholar
49 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Man, that is looking more inviting every time I see photos.  I cannot wait.

It's one or the other bro, your choice : )

image.gif.e0e930cb5a1f6451c07705165d7b3545.gif   

• Haha 2

Well, I do like coffee, but not theirs.  :whistle:

Thanks for playing.   Johnny, tell our contestant about their parting gift.

• Smile 1

Slight hijack…

I’d give up two six point 10mm Snap-on sockets for some of that rain at my house right now. 

As you were

• Smile 1

This was a case of “be careful what you wish for”. We stopped for a break ten minutes before these pictures were taken and I commented on how the dirt was like grey pavement. Flat and smooth but one turn later, we were making an adventure! :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.b73d6e5babe5a2d64e4b46d74be9e39e.jpeg

• Like 3

.....and that's considered fun?  

In the early 70's I had a dual sport bike in Memphis and on one day of trail riding I hit a large patch of water and sank the bike up to the seat.  Being alone, it was a "melluvahess" getting the bike out...the bike and I were muddy to the extreme.  When I got home, my wife came out; saw the bike and me; and started crying!  I never did get all the dirt and grit out of that bike.

I'm glad you like it, Pat!

• Like 1

The word “redemption” did come to mind after reading Dave’s comment when I saw that mud patch! :classic_biggrin: The movie should be in ride tales  sometime today. ;)

• Like 2

John, I had a similar experience to yours in sinking a trail-bike in a mud-hole when I was young. Same-thing alone and what seemed like hours getting in unstuck. Thankfully I had no wife to answer to ;) hence my adventure riding today! :classic_biggrin: