IGNORED

R Bike Software Versions

Albert

I've read posts both here and on other sites where R bike owners have had differing kinds of trouble either with new computer updates causing problems or existing problems being fixed by updates. Does anyone know if it's possible to display the software and service pack (patch) information on the bike? I would think this would be handy information that could be shared so that we could make more informed decisions as to whether to update the software and to which version.

I suspect the only way to get this information is to hook the bike up to the BMW diagnostic computer. I doubt it can be displayed on the screen anywhere.

I suspect the same. It occurred to me that it would be useful for us to be able to share quirks with various versions of the software via some "magic" button sequence.

It occurred to me that it would be useful for us to be able to share quirks with various versions of the software via some "magic" button sequence.

And I'm betting this is one of the reasons that BMW doesn't make this info easily available to a user. To BMW, an informed consumer is a nuisance.

Archived