IGNORED

2021 BMW MOA RALLY June 24 - 27

Hello!  Last year, we became a BMWMOA Chartered Group.  Whip renewed us for this year.  If you would like to attend the MOA Rally, and claim some group camping, let me know.

Scout6, Rob Stevens

scout6bmw@gmail.com

szurszewski

Hey Rob -

I’m still in - staying up on Lolo Wednesday night and arriving at the Rally Thursday. Looking forward to it. 
-josh

Rob Nowell
10 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Hey Rob -

I’m still in - staying up on Lolo Wednesday night and arriving at the Rally Thursday. Looking forward to it. 
-josh

If you're staying at Lolo Hot Springs, good luck.  I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts about the place!

szurszewski
1 hour ago, Rob Nowell said:

If you're staying at Lolo Hot Springs, good luck.  I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts about the place!

Nope - staying at Powell Campground adjacent to Lochsa Lodge - didn’t get around to actually booking the cabin I wanted in time, but that’s ok because camping fits my budget better (and saves me a few bucks to spend on dinner at the lodge, hopefully, that night). 

The campsite reservation allows two vehicles and tents, and I’ll have one of each, so if anyone wants half a site just let know and you’re welcome to it. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be at the Rally.  We live in Bismarck, ND.  It'll be just a one long day ride for us.  We'll be taking off on Wednesday, riding back to ND on Monday.  We'll be staying at the Travel Lodge in downtown Great Falls.  Our bodies won't put up with camping any longer.  :-)

• Like 1

My riding buddy and I will be there and camping thanks to Rob, haven’t been to the MOA Rally since Salem OR so looking forward to it. The Brewfest sounds good, might make the night’s entertainment rowdy unless most of us nod off.

• Like 1

I leave for Great Falls on Monday arriving in Great Falls the following Wednesday.  Not camping will be at Best Western 

• 2 weeks later...

Update.  We have the following confirmed for camping at the MOA.  Let me know if you need to be added.

Name Board Name  
James Carter and Buddy MickeyM3 2
Robert Stevens Scout6 1
Susan Stevens Scout7 1
Dave Stelow   1
Skip Olson   1
Jerry Old BMW Master 1
Josh Szurzuski 1
Dave in Texas Dave_in_Tx 1

Total 9
szurszewski

Looking forward to this. 

Just need to get the bike back together so I can head out on Monday. 

This started as a simple swingarm boot replacement....

9DC80670-9BA8-4A0D-9BBD-9C16D895FAA8.thumb.jpeg.43725569ff1bb59d78acd3c3f9771558.jpeg

Hopefully the replacement for this shock mounting bolt shows up soon. 
CB15E758-47B6-4671-A975-60C2250DB0ED.thumb.jpeg.da2ccd39f932ae4f6becddd639a2920c.jpeg

szurszewski

No one has the bolt - or at least no one I had time to talk to - here on the west coast. Max said they had one, and I paid them to send it to me, but I haven't got a ship notice yet. After trying a few not-quite-right replacements, I put the "customized" one back in and have the bike all back together with new shoes. I have to work down in Portland a couple of days next week and will head out from there - if I'm lucky the bolt will show up down there before I leave Tuesday night; if not, I'll just make sure not to hit any big whoops on the trip ;)

I doubt that it will break, though I'm sure it was interesting to thread out and back in.  I might have introduced it to my BFH before re-installing, but if you got it in, I'm sure it will be fine.

szurszewski
3 hours ago, lkraus said:

I doubt that it will break, though I'm sure it was interesting to thread out and back in.  I might have introduced it to my BFH before re-installing, but if you got it in, I'm sure it will be fine.

The head sits in the frame and then a flange nut goes on the end, so threading is not a problem. I’m curious to see if I have a problem getting a straight bolt in there, because the curved one is only a bit of a hassle. 

I did consider hammering it straight, but what little I know of metallurgy made

me think introducing more shock and bending might result in weaker bolt that it already is. 

...if I don’t make it there Thursday, I guess you’ll know why ;)

Coming from Driftin in Prairie Du Chien, am now in Wichita Falls Texas. Taking the round about way to try and avoid the heat wave, avoiding Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Not working well. Will be there Wednesday. I'm cheap so I will be camping.

roadscholar
14 hours ago, KDeline said:

Coming from Driftin in Prairie Du Chien, am now in Wichita Falls Texas. Taking the round about way to try and avoid the heat wave, avoiding Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. Not working well. Will be there Wednesday. I'm cheap so I will be camping.

Went thru W.F. one time in the 70's it was 115*, luckily was in a car. I did go to the Bloomsburg Pa MOA rally when it was over 100 all week, rode around in shorts and a t-shirt : )

You may not need it but I drew you up a map Ken, it'll start to cool off when you get to Raton, NM. It keeps you in the mountains at elevation till Wyoming where you have to make a choice. There's a nice campground in Maysville, Co. I usually stay at, Monarch Spur RV Park, you can make it in a day. Plus we know a guy that lives in Salida, don't know what he's up to but if you want I can PM his number.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1YxDQwZa2UpQO00lktrCkQeeQON3MYUhU&usp=sharing 

For those camping with us.

Hello,

We leave for Great Falls tomorrow, so we thought we would send you all some final bits of information before we leave. There are 22 clubs that are reserving space at the rally and the overall registration numbers for the rally are looking very good.   It appears camping space in general will be tight and that will apply equally to CCC, but we are confident the space we get will meet our needs.  The co-chairs have been very supportive of our efforts so far and will continue to be as we prepare.  

How does one get to the CCC area?  Riders will enter the rally grounds on the west side of the facility.  Registration/Check-In is located at this gate.  The CCC area is at the south end of ExpoPark which is to the right as one enters.  Follow the road to the south along the fence line and CCC will be about 1/2 mile.  We will have a canopy erected with a sign.  From there we will direct people to their club’s area.

We ask your assistance in helping us enforce a few rules.  These are necessary to make CCC as safe and comfortable as possible for everyone:
  • No cars, trucks or RVs are permitted in the camping area.  Motorcycle towed trailer tents are permitted; cargo trailers are not permitted.

• Motorcycles (two or three wheels) may not be parked in the camping area or on any of the traffic lanes established within the camping area.  Motorcycles may enter the area briefly to unload or load camping gear. There is no designated parking area for CCC but here are parking areas in other locations.  Motorcycles may not be parked so as to obstruct the free flow of vehicles on the roads.

• There are no designated quiet hours, however, please encourage your club members to be as courteous as possible when it comes to noise, particularly after 10 PM.  Also encourage them to bring ear plugs for sleeping.

• At the conclusion of the rally MOA volunteers clean the rally site.  Let’s make that job as easy as possible for them by leaving our space trash free.  Past experience tells us that many campers will purchase styrofoam coolers and folding chairs in Great Falls and want to leave them behind.  It is okay to leave such abandoned items in the camping area, but please do not leave food in the coolers.  At the conclusion of the rally in Billings many small coolers were left.  A portion of these coolers were donated to an animal shelter and they were used as shelters for small animals. 

• Please encourage your club members to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the MOA website (https://rally.bmwmoa.org/faq/).  Doing so will answer many of their questions.

This is shaping up to be a great rally.  People are excited about being to be able to ride again and to meet old friends and make new ones.  The weather appears to be cooperating and the nights will be cool for sleeping.  We look forward to meeting you all in Great Falls.

Kevin & Annie Huddy
Chartered Club Camping
2021 BMWMOA Rally
406 438-6776

• Thanks 1

Sue and I are here.  We have an area staked out.  It is behind the Museum of Railroad History building.  At the end of a red sidewalk.

looking forward to meeting folks at the Rally! my first one...riding Chief Joseph's and Beartooth Pass this morning on the way in. woot woot! 

#SafeTravels!

looked for you all at the rally.  Was a sea of tents with no visible signage for BMWST.  Camped in the non affiliated area.  

Thanks Ron and Susan for establishing a club area  to set up our tent and the beverage.  Couldn’t find you before leaving to express my thanks in person. Great rally, looking forward to Springfield, MO.

• Smile 1

Glad most of you could utilize the group area.  If you could not find us, you'll need to find the grip area, and ask the volunteer where we are.  See you next year!  Rob.