IGNORED

CO Tour

Ralberts

Welcome Ralberts!    Looks like a great plan.   Sorry that I cannot enjoy that with you.   I hope to get up there when I do some major riding in retirement.   (Spoiler alert -  that is less than 5 years away!  :yes:)

Of course, you will be obligated to post photos to prove that it happened.  That is the internet way.

We now need proof of your bike, so go ahead - post a photo.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Welcome aboard. Looks like a great ride. Hwy 50 west of Gunnison did have some road construction going on but you’re in luck....Take Hwy 92 ( check out Black Canyon) to Delta. Wonderful road. I promise you won’t regret it. 

roadscholar
4 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

Welcome aboard. Looks like a great ride. Hwy 50 west of Gunnison did have some road construction going on but you’re in luck....Take Hwy 92 ( check out Black Canyon) to Delta. Wonderful road. I promise you won’t regret it. 

True, and if you can work in Co65, 141, and maybe 149, you’ll have seen all the best roads in Colorado. But if not it never hurts to leave something for next time.

Nice, if you’re wrapping up ~6/22 you might want to consider the MOA Rally in Great Falls.  Be prepared for cold on the passes and have an awesome ride.  Buddy and I will be hitting some of those after the Rally. 

16 hours ago, roadscholar said:

True, and if you can work in Co65, 141, and maybe 149, you’ll have seen all the best roads in Colorado. But if not it never hurts to leave something for next time.

Yes , I concur. Hwy 149 north into Lake City is very nice. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, Ralberts said:

New member, new to me 2009 R1200RT. Touring CO in June solo. Anyone interested?

A10DE621-281B-4F75-9CF9-51FFD05F7446.jpeg

Trip Blog: www.rickalbertson.com/blog/motophoto 

Your link takes a little copy and pasting to get to your site. Lots to look at but I’m not exactly sure where you were directing us.

I’m sure it be interesting though! :thumbsup:

Any comment about US50 construction near Monark Pass...? I understand (a couple weeks ago) is open to traffic only an hour in morning, and noon, qnd a couple hours in evening.

roadscholar
22 minutes ago, Redman said:

Any comment about US50 construction near Monark Pass...? I understand (a couple weeks ago) is open to traffic only an hour in morning, and noon, qnd a couple hours in evening.

It's about halfway between Gunnison and Montrose, here's the link Twisties posted a couple months ago.  

https://www.us50info.com/impacts