IGNORED

RELOCATED Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) Black Mountain, NC 2021

Indy Dave

lawnchairboy
10 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Here's a nice long and winding road . . .

outstanding soundtrack

• Like 3
roadscholar
6 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Going that way shortly.  Can you delineate that route in more detail?  Thanks.  

Sure, from Franklin head east on 64, just after the BP station turn left on Ellijay Rd. Then acute right on Cullowee Mtn Rd before you get to 107. Right at T, then right on Yellow Mtn Rd and right on Norton Rd to 64. R on 64 to Buck Creek Rd (acute right just after Highlands hospital) then back down to join 64 again. Or you could shorten it taking Walnut Gap/Crk Rd back down which is a quick right after the top of Cullowee Mtn Rd. I doubt it’s really 3000 curves but it’s plenty and is about 50 miles. If you turn left at the top of Cullowee Mtn Rd there’s a nice picnic spot on the north end of Lake Glenville.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I found myself on Onion Mountain Rd after leaving the lunch stop in Franklin. It was a worthy piece of asphalt! :yes:

• Like 1
roadscholar

It is worthy and runs between Rabbit Crk and eventually to Ellijay near the top (5:56 in the vid), it used to be partly gravel up high but I think it’s all paved now, nice view of the Franklin valley up top. 

3E4DC48C-D34D-4EAD-841D-52AED022E182.thumb.jpeg.e5cbd54cffa48f19be199ba579fb5590.jpeg

Another good area is near the Franklin airport on the west side of 28 but you can’t go wrong in any direction from Franklin on back roads. Might need a new thread, didn’t mean to hijack this one, sorry : )

• Like 2

Don't apologize; it is part of The Appalachian Riding Tour and surely belongs in this thread.  Just sayin'

• Like 3
9 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

outstanding soundtrack

That song seemed to fit perfectly, winding up on the last third of the ride as the road got tighter!

16 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Dave, did you get that vid from Chris K??  It looks like one of his rides in slow motion.  

Funny you mention that, that IS slowed down! :wave::bike:

• Like 1

In, and room booked. 
Bringing my trailer and WetHead TechDay and tire changing setup again. 
Im not dragging all the flea market crap that no one was interested in. 
If someone wants something special done on their bike, please let me know so I can coordinate bringing the needed tools and/or parts. 
Brad

(Boxflyer)

• Like 7
Dennis Andress
13 minutes ago, Boxflyer said:

In, and room booked. 
Bringing my trailer and WetHead TechDay and tire changing setup again. 
Im not dragging all the flea market crap that no one was interested in. 
If someone wants something special done on their bike, please let me know so I can coordinate bringing the needed tools and/or parts. 
Brad

(Boxflyer)

Hey! That jacket turned out to be perfect for hot days!

ADMINISTRIVIA

The Fall Appalachian Riding Tour has been relocated to Sparta, NC! All rooms in our room block that had been reserved at the Quality Inn in  Black Mountain have been canceled! You will need to make new reservations for Sparta. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

There is a new thread for FART in Sparta, NC here:

• Indy Dave unfeatured this topic