IGNORED

RELOCATED Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) Black Mountain, NC 2021

Indy Dave

June26, 2021

The Fall Appalachian Riding Tour has been relocated to Sparta, NC! All rooms in our room block that had been reserved at the Quality Inn in  Black Mountain have been canceled! You will need to make new reservations for Sparta. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.

There is a new thread for FART in Sparta, NC here:

ADMINISTRIVIA

Due to circumstances beyond our control, our host hotel is currently unable to honor our original room block, and the Quality Inn in Black Mountain is now FULL.

Please be patient as your ART Team works to develop a viable solution. More than likely, this will not be resolved before the holiday. Stay tuned here, as we are working feverishly at resolving this.

Thanks.

The details: As always, your BBR Team did its due diligence - which started way back 2019 with a hotel visit from Kinsley and Kenikki. Members of your ART team made additional visits last year, and we stayed at the hotel this Spring. As we know, Covid has hit the hotel industry hard, and our host hotel is no exception. During our visit in April, the owner shared with us that a local company had recently booked a large number of rooms for the month of April and it was saving him. Well, that company has now reserved half of the hotel indefinitely (at least though the end of this year).  The owners are good folks, they want to work with us - but they can't risk losing this account for our small discounted group who are staying for 4 nights.

Stay tuned. Enjoy the holiday weekend, go for a ride. We will work this out. :)

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Your BBRTeam

1455414771_FARTannouncementF2.thumb.jpg.02319b299b80f5d41b300c8f1e2821f8.jpg

As of May 25:

• Like 6
  • Indy Dave featured this topic
3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

@Indy Dave is that tunnel along one of the roads around there?   Great photo.

William - That is Grassy Knob Tunnel on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the wife and I are coming, Hopefully Thursday to Sunday.  Quality Inn booked.

Someone should also update the calendar post for the event, @Indy Dave.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, TSConver said:

Only 3 rooms left at the hotel rate quoted above

^         ^        ^        ^        ^        ^        ^       ^        ^       ^

This is not an official statement from your FART team. Thanks for the heads up. :wave:

We have a contract for an initial room block of 36 rooms and there seems to be some confusion with the desk attendant on duty currently. I'll be speaking to the owner this evening to sort this out.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

^         ^        ^        ^        ^        ^        ^       ^        ^       ^

This is not an official statement from your FART team. Thanks for the heads up. :wave:

We have a contract for an initial room block of 36 rooms and there seems to be some confusion with the desk attendant on duty currently. I'll be speaking to the owner this evening to sort this out.

Yeah the desk person said they had 4 rooms left at that rate and I took one so I posted the 3 left.  Maybe they are filling up at the regular rate as well?

Instead of the person at the desk telling the caller "there are only _____ rooms left," maybe just tell the caller "yay or nay."  Less confusion.  Also, helps board members from trying to get a room; they may get discouraged.   

Because we all know how the word spreads online.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ADMINISTRIVIA

Due to circumstances beyond our control, our host hotel is currently unable to honor our original room block, and the Quality Inn in Black Mountain is now FULL.

Please be patient as your ART Team works to develop a viable solution. More than likely, this will not be resolved before the holiday. Stay tuned here, as we are working feverishly at resolving this.

Thanks.

The details: As always, your BBR Team did its due diligence - which started way back 2019 with a hotel visit from Kinsley and Kenikki. Members of your ART team made additional visits last year, and we stayed at the hotel this Spring. As we know, Covid has hit the hotel industry hard, and our host hotel is no exception. During our visit in April, the owner shared with us that a local company had recently booked a large number of rooms for the month of April and it was saving him. Well, that company has now reserved half of the hotel indefinitely (at least though the end of this year).  The owners are good folks, they want to work with us - but they can't risk losing this account for our small discounted group who are staying for 4 nights.

Stay tuned. Enjoy the holiday weekend, go for a ride. We will work this out. :)

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Your BBRTeam

• Thanks 5
  • Thinking 1

Betcha no one would have considered that the ART team hasn't done due diligence...and MORE!   Thanks to all!  

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

On a long and winding road . . .

Lucky for us, that's our favorite kind!!

• Like 1
  • Smile 2
MachineJoe

First timer ready to pounce on the next available 

Joe and Melodi

We had to cancel going to START at the last minute

Looking forward to attending

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Lucky for us, that's our favorite kind!!

Here's a nice long and winding road . . .

• Like 4
roadscholar
50 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Here's a nice long and winding road . . .

Part of one of my favorite loops, Buck Creek, Ellijay, Cullowee Mtn/Yellow Mtn, 3000 curves in 50 miles : )  

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
7 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Part of one of my favorite loops, Buck Creek, Ellijay, Cullowee Mtn/Yellow Mtn, 3000 curves in 50 miles : )  

Going that way shortly.  Can you delineate that route in more detail?  Thanks.