IGNORED

2021 GSA - Switched “Trigger Wire” for PDM60

Mike

I get a little nervous when I do this sort of thing (last time was six years ago), so bear with me. I’m going to attempt the installation of a PDM 60 on my new 2021 GSA and I started poking around last night. Everything is tightly packaged, inducing a tight feeling in my chest when I contemplate finding a wire for an ignition-switched circuit that can instruct my PDM60 to turn itself on and off. I’m going to mount it under the seat, or just off to the side. Still pondering the placement.

Help, please…a reasonably accessible switched wire?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, CruisinCruzan said:

Use the power lead from the nearest power socket.

Thanks…took me a bit of disassembly to figure out how to get to it. It seemed a bit alarming until I did it, but it required unclipping the bike’s brain and swinging it up out of the way to gain access to the wire. If the bike still runs I’ll deem it a success. 

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks…took me a bit of disassembly to figure out how to get to it. It seemed a bit alarming until I did it, but it required unclipping the bike’s brain and swinging it up out of the way to gain access to the wire. If the bike still runs I’ll deem it a success. 

Afternoon Mike

Those accessory power sockets are computer controlled so so in some cases transformer type loads will trick them into  either not shutting down thinking that the load is a connected battery charger, or the shutdown can act erratically. 

Other times it will function just fine. 

Before making anything too permanent make sure that the  PDM60 shuts down every time & in a reasonable time period.

If you do battery charge through the factory  power ports using an approved charger then your PDM60 will probably not shut down during the entire charger connection time.

3 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Mike

Those accessory power sockets are computer controlled so so in some cases transformer type loads will trick them into  either not shutting down thinking that the load is a connected battery charger, or the shutdown can act erratically. 

Other times it will function just fine. 

Before making anything too permanent make sure that the  PDM60 shuts down every time & in a reasonable time period.

If you do battery charge through the factory  power ports using an approved charger then your PDM60 will probably not shut down during the entire charger connection time.

Thanks, DR. Installed. It seems to be operating properly. I’ll keep an eye on it. I use the CTEK charger, with a direct connection to the battery. Seems to work well, and is fairly reasonably priced.