IGNORED

Anybody have photos of monochrome R1200RT's?

UrsaMajor

I might be placing an order for an R12RT in the next few days, and for once I like all the available color schemes. Here's the question: all the photos I've seen, including in BMW's promotional literature, show the Grey Metallic (silver) paint with the Dark Slate engine spoiler, and the Dark Graphite paint with the White Aluminum engine spoiler, i.e. they're all contrasting. Since the indication is that you can mix and match, I'm wondering what the Grey/Silver bike would look like with the light spoiler, and the Dark Graphite bike with the Slate (dark) spoiler, for more of a monochrome look. Does anyone have any photos or links they can share?

Thanks,

Dave

I like the silver spoiler colour best on all three RT colours. I just got a granite grey bike, with silver spoiler, and black seats for contrast. I really like the look. I think the silver spoiler is much nicer looking than the black, but colour choices are so personal. Interstingly, the dealer I bought from in Montreal orders all RTs, regardless of colour, with silver spoilers (obviously a customer could order a black spolier if he wanted).

IMG_0005.jpg

P.S., I'd also order it with clear turn signal lenses. Again, I think they look much better that way, as compared to the amber lenses, but each to his own.

Thanks, everybody. Oregon, I really like that combination - it seems to unify the styling like the R11XXRT in black, nicely done. Marcopolo, you're right, it's a personal thing. Some days I like the "multiple contrasting planes" theme of the RT, other days I think David Robb's been drinking too much beer with Chris Bangle, and I appreciate the solid monochrome look. I wish there was a red engine spoiler available (though I guess I could have it painted easily enough) - I've always enjoyed the Piedmont/Amaranth(sp?) red R-RT's.

Whip and I traded lower fairing bits. His bike looks better in black over black while my red over silver is faster and is more fuel efficient! <g>

Archived