IGNORED

Steve S

SteveS RT

Good day, I have a 2014 with the "touring package", meaning no TPMS and no stereo or quick shifter.  If I were to get factory TPMS sensors is the rest of the hardware and software present and I would just need to get it activated?

43 minutes ago, SteveS RT said:

Good day, I have a 2014 with the "touring package", meaning no TPMS and no stereo or quick shifter.  If I were to get factory TPMS sensors is the rest of the hardware and software present and I would just need to get it activated?

Afternoon Steve

You will need the "retrofit RDC receiver box " as it needs a new RDC receiver box. (receiver box is about $400.00) but I'm not sure about activation additional charge. 

Aftrenoon dirtrider,

Not to confuse the OP original question, but given the current issues with newer models arriving TPMS delete due to chip shortage, is the "retrofit RDC receiver box" affected by the current parts shortage?

Thanks.

My only comment is, I had no idea BMW actually sold any Wetheads without them being loaded, leaving only dealer installed options to be added.  Maybe your home turf isn't in the USA, because the 2014s and 2015s coming to the US were all up packaged.

1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Aftrenoon dirtrider,

Not to confuse the OP original question, but given the current issues with newer models arriving TPMS delete due to chip shortage, is the "retrofit RDC receiver box" affected by the current parts shortage?

Thanks.

Afternoon  wbw6cos

That is something he would have to ask the dealer he is buying it from. The RDC box was  (I think)  changed around 3/20 so  it's possible the old (pre 3/20) boxes are still in the system. In todays world nothing is certain. 

By the time the RDC box & 2 wheel sensors are purchased, then possibly dealer computer time to program, plus the wheel disassembly for wheel sensor install it can get kind of expensive.

On an older 2014 bike probably MUCH  cheaper & easier to just install an aftermarket TPMS kit & be done with it.    

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Paul De said:

My only comment is, I had no idea BMW actually sold any Wetheads without them being loaded, leaving only dealer installed options to be added.  Maybe your home turf isn't in the USA, because the 2014s and 2015s coming to the US were all up packaged.

Not all we up packaged.  Perhaps mine is a bit of a unicorn, but it is a US bike with only the touring package.  On the plus side, I don't have the antenna or a hole in the fairing for it.  I don't really care about the 2 or 3 options i'm missing, but TPMS would be nice. It still has the heated seats, grips, etc.

40 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  wbw6cos

That is something he would have to ask the dealer he is buying it from. The RDC box was  (I think)  changed around 3/20 so  it's possible the old (pre 3/20) boxes are still in the system. In todays world nothing is certain. 

By the time the RDC box & 2 wheel sensors are purchased, then possibly dealer computer time to program, plus the wheel disassembly for wheel sensor install it can get kind of expensive.

On an older 2014 bike probably MUCH  cheaper & easier to just install an aftermarket TPMS kit & be done with it.    

I've seen aftermarket versions for as little as $30, but having a sensor on interior of the wheel would be a lot cleaner.

2 hours ago, SteveS RT said:

I've seen aftermarket versions for as little as $30, but having a sensor on interior of the wheel would be a lot cleaner.

Afternoon Steve

Something like this might work, you might contact your BMW dealer to see if it needs programming in or just a plug & play deal (link below).

My guess is that it will need some programing as you probably don't have a current programmed RDC spot on your dash. 

If it needs programming in then ask if that can that be done as a stand alone or does it need an included disk with a new RDC box?  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264684689383?hash=item3da06fd7e7:g:ubgAAOSwk~pegwlq