IGNORED

Fair price for 2012 F650

Red

A friend of mine has her 2012 F650 for sale.  It is in very good condition and only has 2,000 miles.  She's taking it to a dealer to have it looked over and serviced.  Metal hard bags included.  Since this is a transaction between friends.  Neither of us is looking at making a great deal.  Just want it to be 'fair' to both parties.  An online search yield prices between $3,600 and $6,300.   That's a heck of a range so we're both scratching our heads.  Looking for opinions from the those of you who are more informed that me.

It’d be a great help to see a picture. :dontknow: But..if you like her $4,000. If you like her like her...$4,500. And, if you really, like her like her $5,000. :classic_biggrin:

roadscholar

2012 is the last year for the 650 and that body style, '13 is called F700 with new bodywork, but they're still both detuned 800's. They're nice riding and relatively light and agile, good on road (long gearing unlike the 800GS) and dirt/gravel roads. Had one about ten years and liked it a lot, good for covering long distances at speed on a mix of pavement and dirt.

Untitled photo

Untitled photo 

Heres the only one I could find for sale and it's a dealer so maybe you can extrapolate from there, I've found book values on bikes to be generally on the low side, for one reason they don't take mileage into account and that one is particularly low plus it has some fairly pricey luggage.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-BMW-F-650-GS-5016368676

• Like 1
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

2012 is the last year for the 650 and that body style, '13 is called F700 with new bodywork, but they're still both detuned 800's. They're nice riding and relatively light and agile, good on road (long gearing unlike the 800GS) and dirt/gravel roads. Had one about ten years and liked it a lot, good for covering long distances at speed on a mix of pavement and dirt.

Untitled photo

Untitled photo 

Heres the only one I could find for sale and it's a dealer so maybe you can extrapolate from there, I've found book values on bikes to be generally on the low side, for one reason they don't take mileage into account and that one is particularly low plus it has some fairly pricey luggage.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-BMW-F-650-GS-5016368676

I had seen the cycle trader bike in my search.  Led me to believe that $6,000 to $6,500 for a low mileage, very good condition, with hard bags was 'fair'.

3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

It’d be a great help to see a picture. :dontknow: But..if you like her $4,000. If you like her like her...$4,500. And, if you really, like her like her $5,000. :classic_biggrin:

Tewks, I'm kind of an evidence based buyer/seller.  Your prices may be based on experience I'm sure.  But, like in real estate, best to have examples of comparable sales to convince the other party you're not just blowing your exhaust up their tail pipe. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1