IGNORED

Booze, the other white meat.

West_Coaster

West_Coaster

Was gonna call this "Booze, it's not just for breakfast anymore", but thought that might be inappropriate. :4323:

Along with the BBQ thread, how about a discussion on some fancy beverages? 

Recently I have been experimenting with sipping Tequilias. I tend to like Anejos and reposados. A favorite is Don Julio 1942, so smooth and now even Costco has it. Would like to try Clase Azul next, I hear it's also amazing. Just finished a bottle of Casamigos anejo, was just OK to me. Didn't have a great finish to it, but I did like the hints of caramel. 

Don't have much of a taste for Scotch, but I am starting to like Bourbon a bit, though I have no idea what a good Bourbon is.

Funny thing is I went on an ice kick. Couldn't use regular ice. I freeze a cooler's worth of water, and when it gets to about 80% frozen I pour hot water over it to get it out of the cooler. I pour more hot water to get the outer ice to melt away leaving only the inner super clear ice left. I chip it into 1" or larger pieces and bag it. Make's your drink look more sophisticated. My wife wants me to get tested for brain activity, but I do catch her enjoying the nice big, clear ice chunks.

I think now that I am a little older and don't slam it down, I'm getting an appreciation for the finer qualities of fine liquor.         

Post up what you like.       

Prefer whisky - Irish and Scotch.

Glenfiddich 12, Glenlivet 12, Glenmorangie 10, Red Breast 12 for everyday and guests who don't know any better. Jameson for mixers - Jamie and ginger anyone?

Some of my favorites I like to keep in stock -  Johnny Walker Blue, Bushmills 21, Midleton Very Rare. For me and certain guests.

Usually have some others on hand.

• 2 months later...

West Coaster, try Elijah James, 1792 Small Batch, and Buffalo Trace bourbons.  They won't cost you an arm and a leg, but I enjoy all of them.  "What is good bourbon" is something you like!

• Like 1
West_Coaster
5 hours ago, TSConver said:

Chicken Cock

2021-07-11 16.51.44.jpg

Even if that was the best tasting Whiskey ever, not sure I want to be caught ordering it.

Bartender, can I have some Cock? 

Sure, you want a small or big glass?

Give me the biggest cock you have!

lawnchairboy

Eight different race horse/rider position porcelain toppers

collect them all!  But it is usually a hard bottle to find.  The Buffalo Trace brand bourbon is affordable and nice from the same distillery, but not single barrel:  blended.

I am deep down the bourbon rabbit hole.  (Nice Blanton's collection!)

Been to Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, have strong opinions of better value hooch than Pappy’s. Like ‘em hot, high proof, and with the exception of Booker’s, straight from the Glencairn. 

Discuss. 

Our usual choices include Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, and Eagle Rare. I personal favorite is Woodford Reserve. All that said, I am curious to see what others think as you can always find good info and drink by listening.