IGNORED

The BBQ thread

West_Coaster

West_Coaster

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could share BBQ recipes, cooking techniques, triumphs and failures on the grill.  

Some of you guys are older than fire, so I know you know how to cook. :rofl:

I'll start by saying, while I have a decent Charbroil grill and a propane smoker, I am not a great BBQ guy. Really I just want to get some tips and recipes to make me look like I am better than I am. 

Are you good at Brisket? Ribs? Butts? Carnitas? Yard bird?

Sharing some BBQ pictures and recipes, or how about a horror story of how you were drinking and ruined $200 worth of prime filets (asking for a friend).

13 minutes ago, West_Coaster said:

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could share BBQ recipes, cooking techniques, triumphs and failures on the grill.  

Some of you guys are older than fire, so I know you know how to cook. :rofl:

I'll start by saying, while I have a decent Charbroil grill and a propane smoker, I am not a great BBQ guy. Really I just want to get some tips and recipes to make me look like I am better than I am. 

Are you good at Brisket? Ribs? Butts? Carnitas? Yard bird?

Sharing some BBQ pictures and recipes, or how about a horror story of how you were drinking and ruined $200 worth of prime filets (asking for a friend).

I've got a wife and she knows how to cook,......I'll leave it at that.

• 2 months later...

Boneless/skinless chicken thighs:  Marinate in buttermilk up to 24 hours in fridge; remove & season with your favorite rub; wrap in bacon & cook in indirect grill or smoker for two hours.

Skinned chicken drumsticks:  Marinate in Dijon mustard and your favorite rub for six to eight hours; remove & re-season; wrap in bacon and cook in indirect grill or smoker for two hours.  If you like, you can baste with your favorite sauce a few times over the final half hour.

OREOS:  Wrap in bacon and cook in indirect grill or smoker for45 minutes.  Try one before you turn up your nose at them!

West_Coaster

I see wrapping in bacon is a theme....:18:

I have had deep fried oreo's at the fair, and was surprised how good they were. Also surprised how eating a few ounces of Oreo's can put on LB's.

West_Coaster

I'm going to give out one of my secrets for a good steak or tri-tip.

Hardcore Carnivore: Black beef seasoning shaker - 13 oz – Hardcore Carnivore

Hardcore black, it's the best seasoning I've ever tasted on a steak. 

I like to put a Costco unseasoned tri-tip or a Prime one from the butcher in my Anova (Sous Vide) and set the temp at about 122° F for about 6 hours. I put a lot of the hardcore black seasoning in the bag before sealing it up. 

When it's out of the Anova, I heat up a cast iron pan to about 500° with a little olive oil and drop the steak in there. It's just to build up a crust on both sides and the outer edges of the meat, not to cook the meat any.

When you cut into it, it will have a thin brown crust, and then be the exact same color all the way through. After it rests covered for about 15 minutes, the internal temp will have gone up to about a good medium rare color. I slice it thin against the grain and sprinkle a little more of the hardcore black over it. 

These come out incredibly tender, much more so than being on the grill.

4 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Do you mean Oreos the cookie?

So odd, but I'm not against trying it.

yep, Oreo cookie!

1 hour ago, Rob Nowell said:

yep, Oreo cookie!

You do realize my family is going look at me like I'm a nut job when I bring this up, don't you?

3 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

You do realize my family is going look at me like I'm a nut job when I bring this up, don't you?

Something tells me they already do:4316:

"Try it, you'll like it!"

(I can't remember what product that advertised back in the day...)

Just one wrap-around will be enough.