IGNORED

Barber Museum Pics

Rinkydink

Rinkydink

Spent the day in Birmingham AL to check out the major expansion at the Barber museum. It’s been 5 years and it was impressive. I’m no photographer and shots taken with my I-phone. 

5891684F-6CB9-4DBA-8113-BB765737A94A.jpeg

A2273648-6D83-420F-A916-1C9C8D566EF2.jpeg

A30305F8-1060-4821-A5F8-6912ACFB7AF1.jpeg

04115DB0-4DF4-44C3-BF17-D7373C8AB435.jpeg

• Like 2
duckbubbles

My first visit to the Barber Museum was when they were still located in downtown Birmingham.  For some reason they did not allow cameras then.

Always impressive to the point of overwhelming.   I have not been to the Museum since the expansion of the new building but need to go soon.

Frank

• Like 1
Rinkydink
7 hours ago, duckbubbles said:

My first visit to the Barber Museum was when they were still located in downtown Birmingham.  For some reason they did not allow cameras then.

Always impressive to the point of overwhelming.   I have not been to the Museum since the expansion of the new building but need to go soon.

Frank

I also first went to the old building. It is incredible now. 

Nice pictures thanks for sharing. I passed through Birmingham December 2019 and had a mind to stop at the museum but my truck was in limp mode and I had over a 1000 miles to drive to get home so I passed on stopping. Driving from the Louisiana/Mississippi border to PA in limp mode with my GSA in the bed of my truck wasn't any fun. Truck could average about 50-55 mph on level ground but the slightest incline and the best I could was manage was around 35mph sometimes not even that, by the grace of God I made it home safe. Hope to one day get down that way and stop in and see all the bikes.

• 3 weeks later...
MichiganBob

One of my favorite places. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am always taken down memory lane with their collection of standard bikes that profoundly changed motorcycling such as the CB750, Mach1, R90S, and RD400. Have not been there since the newest addition but will put it on the list. It's great to see the track from the windows.

MB

• Like 1
Bill_Walker

Did you happen to spot an F650GS that was ridden solo by a small grandmother from Florida to Alaska (with a stop in Torrey) and back?  Jacqueline's bike is supposed to be there somewhere, but might not be on current display.

Yeeha Stephen

I kinda weirded  out and took a lot of photos of just fuel tank names. Some of the best I made into a collage.

Old Cycle 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 5:40 PM, Bill_Walker said:

Did you happen to spot an F650GS that was ridden solo by a small grandmother from Florida to Alaska (with a stop in Torrey) and back?  Jacqueline's bike is supposed to be there somewhere, but might not be on current display.

There was so much to do and see I’m not sure. They have a new drag bike section. Formula 1 and Lotus cars, It is really hard to recall all of it. 

duckbubbles
10 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

It is really hard to recall all of it. 

My brain is typically saturated by halfway through the museum.  Next trip, instead of going to the top and working my way down (as they suggest), I think I will start at the bottom and work my way up.

Frank

• Like 1