IGNORED

Y pipe r1100GS

Motoboy50

Motoboy50

Hello,

I have been doing some research on removing cat on r1100r mainly for adding a full luggage on left side. 
as far as removing cat, I am not worried plenty of bikes without cats.

main question, I can find a y pipe for 991100GS  in my research it looks like this will fit my 98r1100r can anyone confirm please.

• 6 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Motoboy50 said:

Hello,

I have been doing some research on removing cat on r1100r mainly for adding a full luggage on left side. 
as far as removing cat, I am not worried plenty of bikes without cats.

main question, I can find a y pipe for 991100GS  in my research it looks like this will fit my 98r1100r can anyone confirm please.

Since the header pipe is the same part number for both bikes, I don’t see a problem with the y pipe fitting. The full size case may be a harder problem to solve since the lower bag mount is quite a bit different between the R and RT cases. It may require a lot of fabrication.

19 hours ago, BABABeemer said:

Since the header pipe is the same part number for both bikes, I don’t see a problem with the y pipe fitting. The full size case may be a harder problem to solve since the lower bag mount is quite a bit different between the R and RT cases. It may require a lot of fabrication.

Can you show us a pic or parts diagram drawing of what you mean? I thought the only substantive difference between the cases was the exhaust cutout. 

1 hour ago, szurszewski said:

Can you show us a pic or parts diagram drawing of what you mean? I thought the only substantive difference between the cases was the exhaust cutout. 

Afternoon szurszewski

The actual lower case attachment ear mounting is significantly different between R & RT as on the (RT) the lower attachment ear is part of the entire front foot mounting plate (side plate) but on the (R) the lower  attachment ear is part of the rear foot peg bracket. They look entirely different. 

But, the lower case mounting ear does end up in the same location so the cases will usually interchange as long as the case clears the muffler. 

qxvK0w0.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Good morning szurszewski, maybe the r1100r/rt mounting are different than the r1150r/rt but here are the left cases from my Rockster and RT. There is quite a difference between the lower mounting ear on the RT compared to the R Rockster. I can hang the Rockster bag on my RT but the lower mounting ear doesn’t even come close. I agree the storage capacity is lacking on the R left bag especially with city lids but I think it will require modification to that lower mounting point to get the larger RT bag to mount up properly.

A1EE5584-7498-4A21-AE64-C782C89DB2D9.jpeg

48278C02-6816-4467-ABD9-C7CFDAD96ACD.jpeg