IGNORED

It's that time again. Already?

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

The older you get, the faster time flies.  Someone said, "Life's like a roll of toilet paper.  The smaller it gets, the faster it goes."

Events seem to crop up on the calendar more quickly, like, say, your colonoscopy.  Yep.  It's that time again. The procedure is a non event, but the prep sucks.

Anyway, if you're mid 50's or more, schedule your appointment if you haven't.  Colon cancer deaths per 100k are dropping, likely due to more men opting for the exam.  Be well. 

chrisolson
1 hour ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Have you considered Cologuard as an alternative?  

From personal experience, it has a high, false positive rate...which then caused undo worry on top of the displeasure of the now required procedure  :16:

Over 50 — that’s in the rear view mirror (pun intended). Every 3 years. They keep improving the liquid but it still taste like crap. By the time you get it all down and it’s purpose is served I’m ready to slap the Dr😢

The drink has gotten better, but it's still no fun.

Right before the procedure, I always tell the Dr. and nurse to speak well of this later.

I suppose my next one is coming up soon again. Yay.

John Ranalletta

My only fear is wondering what questions my wife is asking while the anesthetic is wearing off.  :14:

• Haha 1

I get one every 5 yrs due to a growth having to be removed in the past. My wife laughs at me during the aftereffects of the anesthesia. I think I am with it and witty... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got my Colonoscopy next week.  Tuesday is the now required covid 19 test and then the fun starts Thursday afternoon.  At least Friday is a non-issue. Go in cleaned out, get knocked out, and come out ready to eat a cow.

• Like 1