IGNORED

Douglas Falls

TEWKS

A day before this year’s awesome START in Maggie Valley I trucked my bike down to Little Switzerland and rode with Bernie and Brad after breakfast up and over Roan Mt.

After that we parted ways and I searched out Douglas Falls. Here’s a google snap of the location and look, how funny is it that Black Mountain fits in the frame.

D8DD6AF1-45DC-4EC7-BC30-F365C23C5E6F.jpeg

Dang, It only cost me a new kitchen table to START, how much could a FART actually cost? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

58667D62-9169-4753-B81B-A59D3D4F19AC.jpeg

Video of the ride to the falls (when YouTube finishes processing it) :dontknow: 

Here it be! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 9
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Dang, It only cost me a new kitchen table to START, how much could a FART actually cost? :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Maybe a new kitchen exhaust fan  :4607:

• Smile 1
31 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Maybe a new kitchen exhaust fan  :4607:

Actually, as you can tell the old tile clashes with the new wood so....:/

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

58667D62-9169-4753-B81B-A59D3D4F19AC.jpeg

On the table thing, we went to an estate auction, there was a table with "history" attached to it.  This table comes from the mid-1800's, was in a house that was burned, then restored.  The wife liked it and wanted it.  While at this estate auction, my wife overheard some women folk talking that they wanted to purchase the table to keep "in the family", my wife, cruel as she is, wondered to me, "if they were family, why didn't they "give" it to them",.....then said, "I hope she has deep pockets",.....anyway, that table sits in our dining room.

• Like 1

Understand the table having history thing. It pained me to launch our 27 Y/O kitchen table off the back deck last week. :cuz:

I’m real curious if the new fire station is going to get a new day room kitchen table or are they going to keep the almost sixty (afaik) year old solid chunk of wood that’s in place now. Lots of stories and different personalities have spent time sitting around it.

29 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Understand the table having history thing. It pained me to launch our 27 Y/O kitchen table off the back deck last week. :cuz:

I’m real curious if the new fire station is going to get a new day room kitchen table or are they going to keep the almost sixty (afaik) year old solid chunk of wood that’s in place now. Lots of stories and different personalities have spent time sitting around it.

Push for it Chief!

I'd think they'd want to install some carryover items.

• Like 1

Nice video Pat.  Speaking of "ART" costs, this is the first "ART" event that did not have an added extra expense tacked on to the end of the trip when I got home.   There usually is something new in the house when I get home.  

• Haha 3

I used to thing if I brought my wife along I could keep that in check. I quickly learned that there is always somewhere or something  that will delight her spending spree.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, Rougarou said:

I'd think they'd want to install some carryover items.

Waterfalls to kitchen tables. What a strange world we live in. :spittake:

Anyway, here’s the “history” table mentioned earlier. This room is going to be open green space by next year I’m being told. Sorry bout the sloppiness, E-1 wasn’t expecting guests. :grin:

15F55E8C-7D62-4B4A-A1A2-C6A9F1D1B9DD.jpeg

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Waterfalls to kitchen tables. What a strange world we live in. :spittake:

Anyway, here’s the “history” table mentioned earlier. This room is going to be open green space by next year I’m being told. Sorry bout the sloppiness, E-1 wasn’t expecting guests. :grin:

15F55E8C-7D62-4B4A-A1A2-C6A9F1D1B9DD.jpeg

If the table could talk,.....oh how many firedudes sat around that thing and the stories told.

• Like 1

There’s a picture frame in another room with a bunch of the old retired (mostly gone now) guys portraits on it. Next time I get to the center I’ll snap a picture of it.

Oh yeah, got some news about this little firedude that I’ll be announcing pretty soon.

image.thumb.jpeg.9d6fef71aa128ba9e590a93cc224f87d.jpeg

I was thinking of starting another thread but what the heck, hey Richard can you toss another log on the fire. ;) :classic_biggrin:

Here is accomplishment number one! 

9F7CA5E9-A29C-41C8-AF5C-CDC12DB5A407.jpeg

Adding to that ^ and completing this at the same time below.

518E7E2D-A9A4-44AF-91B8-C514A1C0A6E5.jpeg

And last but not least he’ll be starting a career with the Tewksbury Fire Department sometime this summer! :yes:

He put in a lot of work over the last few months to get to this point. :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I was thinking of starting another thread but what the heck, hey Richard can you toss another log on the fire. ;) :classic_biggrin:

9F7CA5E9-A29C-41C8-AF5C-CDC12DB5A407.jpeg

Adding to that ^ and completing this at the same time below.

518E7E2D-A9A4-44AF-91B8-C514A1C0A6E5.jpeg

And last but not least he’ll be starting a career with the Tewksbury Fire Department sometime this summer! :yes:

He put in a lot of work over that few months to get to this point. :thumbsup:

Now he can save a cat from high up in a tree!!!  Takes alot of training to be able to do that.

Big congrats!!

• Thanks 1

Years ago I rescued a kitten that fell behind a wall from a second floor renovation project. I made up a snare using a piece of PVC pipe and some wire. :thumbsup: Damn, hoping that’s not going to be the highlight of my career...:dontknow: Oh yeah, I’ve got the ducklings that fell into the sewage drain. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks guys! 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Years ago I rescued a kitten that fell behind a wall from a second floor renovation project. I made up a snare using a piece of PVC pipe and some wire. :thumbsup: Damn, hoping that’s not going to be the highlight of my career...:dontknow: Oh yeah, I’ve got the ducklings that fell into the sewage drain. :classic_biggrin:

Thanks guys! 

I just recall asking you and Ninja Jim about cat's in trees and both ya'll repy was "have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?, ........they get down"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yup, that’s been a long standing policy of the dept. Every now and again though a very distraught owner will talk a captain into a tree rescue. (Not often and for good reason) 

Just recently this happened and it didn’t turn out well for the cat, unfortunately. One of the newer guys went up and got hold of this terrified cat and of course terrified cats use their claws. Yup you guessed it, the cat scratched the shit out of this guy. :classic_biggrin: Going back to the unfortunate part, during the struggle the cat fell and didn’t land on its feet IYKWIM.

The interior snatch was relatively safe. 

• Haha 1
RandyShields
23 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Congrats!  I'm guessing that young man must have gotten his good looks from mom, eh? :)

• Haha 1