IGNORED

Clearwater Lights

dba

One of the great things about where I live is ease of access to a lot of places. Not only simply great riding roads, but I’m 4 hours from Russell Day Long, same for Seth Laam Saddles and only 2 hours from Clearwater Lights.
Since all I know about electricity is when the switch is up, the light is on; unless it’s the switch at the other end of the hall, when I wanted some additional lighting on the bike, my thoughts were, “Why not go to where the experts are?”
I was extremely impressed with everything and the place was a lot bigger than I anticipated. A top notch job on installation and I’m quite pleased with the finished product. By the time I got home, I was a celebrity on Instagram.

Clearwater 3.JPG

Clearwater 4.JPG

• Like 6

Looks great...the first thing that came to mind...with all those light on.....Cleared for landing. :18:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Looks great...the first thing that came to mind...with all those light on.....Cleared for landing. :18:

No kidding.  They are bright!

realshelby

I put off buying Clearwater lights for many years. They have the best interface with the BMW system, and probably the best actual lights. They are also rather expensive. 

BUT...I did finally put a set on. I am a fool for not doing it sooner. They are that good, and not just how good the lights are but how they are able to dim on their own, or brighten to 100% and so on depending on how you set them up. Setting them up is a LOT easier than I thought it would be too. 

Some things are just worth what they cost. 

• Like 3

I installed the Glenda (discontinued) and Krista on my 2012rt. Install was back in 2013. Lights still perform well. 

The Glendas were replaced by the Glendinas. 

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0809.jpg

realshelby
5 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Terry.  Which ones and where did you mount them

Darla's. Bought the Clearwater mount for the engine bars. Mounted on top of those. 

I ended up buying Darlas with fork mounts to sort of go with the triangle-ish look.   I love them. They are at 10% during dark hours and 75% during daylight and 100% with high beams.   I have them programmed to flash with 4-way hazards and to strobe when I hit high beam switch 3 times.  Awesome.   My version of blue-lighting an intersection when I approach traffic stopped for going straight with me in right turn lane (or right lane ending) cagers tend to jump out to go ahead of the line.   Ugh.

4 hours ago, freetime2247 said:

Man where do you ride that RT were you require that much light on the road surface? LOL

Tru dat!!!  When the days are short, I'm on the road at dark in the mornings and ride home dark nights with half country backroads and slab for the commute, summer months, just dark mornings.  I had some cheap auxiliary lights on the RT, but finally took those off.  The RT has HID's for the headlights and nothing else, GSA, completely stock lights.  I can certainly find something else to spend $700 on.....I liken these types of lights to the lifted trucks with the multiple light bars.

freetime2247

I agree the stock headlights on the 2012 are too dim for my liking. I too have the clearwater's mounted under the mirrors and love those as supplemental lights.

I always made it a habit of trying not  to ride at night. Usually a dead deer about every mile or so on the side of the road Night kill  I still mounted a set of Piaa’s under my head light for daytime conspicuousness. Ironically, I rarely turn them on. 

11 hours ago, freetime2247 said:

Man where do you ride that RT were you require that much light on the road surface? LOL

I need more lights. 🤣 

If you ride mostly day time and well lit roads then additional lighting is just for show. Since the RT sounds like a sewing machine you need bright lights and a loud horn. 

My commute home from work is late in the evening and I come across dark and blind areas. So the lights really help in two ways. I can see more down the road and they can see me coming down the road. 

I installed a Clearwater hybrid system 55,000 miles ago. Very satisfied with the results and performance. They are mounted on BMW fog light brackets. This spring I noticed the large yellow lens had a crack. I ordered replacement lenses. I guess it’s a good idea to exchange the lens covers every few years. 
I also use the Billy tail light assembly. 

728907C2-D246-4EDF-BFC0-3B67D2B66E78.jpeg

2765B918-17CF-4E3F-9F9E-B3F05FF49C9D.jpeg

02E6BB73-D020-4AD5-9229-C8623FC23B49.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

I installed a Clearwater hybrid system 55,000 miles ago. Very satisfied with the results and performance. They are mounted on BMW fog light brackets. This spring I noticed the large yellow lens had a crack. I ordered replacement lenses. I guess it’s a good idea to exchange the lens covers every few years. 
I also use the Billy tail light assembly. 

728907C2-D246-4EDF-BFC0-3B67D2B66E78.jpeg

2765B918-17CF-4E3F-9F9E-B3F05FF49C9D.jpeg

02E6BB73-D020-4AD5-9229-C8623FC23B49.jpeg

Indeed.  Better the cover than the actual $500 light.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
old_farmer

I installed Darla's and the Billie tail light over the winter. I just got back from a 2200 mile road trip to the southeast. It was always a nice reminder to see those Darla's reflected off the car ahead of me when I pulled up to a stop light.

• Like 3